Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sick at the Circus

Last week: Matt bought tickets to the Circus. Great seats (3 rows from the floor). Totally excited. MY first time to the circus, and Barrett's too!!!!
Tuesday: Normal day... (breakfast, ran errands in town, shorter nap than usual, our friends Donny and Braelyn over to play, afternoon snack). I totally had Barrett pumped up about going to the circus. He kept telling me, "Mommy, we go circus? We see tigers and eh-phants?" Then he would act out elephant mannerisms (arm as his trunk).
Tuesday afternoon: Left house and drove North tollway to meet up with Matt so that we could ride to circus together. Barrett fell asleep in his car seat shortly after we left the house. I assumed it was his short nap that he had during nap time.
7:00 - We roll into the American Airlines parking lot, unsnapped Barrett's seat belt, and WHAM...he threw up!!!! Bless his little heart.
Well, what's a parent to do? Ditch the circus or test the waters to see if maybe he begins to feel better???
We cleaned up Barrett (and ourselves) in hopes that once inside, things would improve.
As soon as the circus started, Barrett began doing the motions of getting sick again (you know what motions I'm talking about). I held him close to me because I didn't want him to get sick on the people in the seats around us.
I immediately headed for the exit ramp and Matt tried to follow (totally loaded down with my purse, diaper bag, and drinks he had just gotten at the concession stand).
WE...(the three of us)... looked like a three-ring circus trying to get out of there!!!! hahaha
Although you would think we would leave after that episode, we hung around in the back (found a back row of empty seats) and tried to watch some of the circus. Barrett seemed to be feeling a little better...but then he fell asleep. You know when your little boy (hat absolutely adores animals) falls asleep in the middle of a circus...that he is definitely sick!!!!


Isn't this pitiful. You can tell he doesn't feel well at all. Me on the other hand...I'm trying to make it fun!!!
Decided to call it quits. I just needed to take him home and love on him.

On a good note: B's health improved by the time we got home that night, and today he was back to his normal self.
**I also had the JOY of seeing one of my former students from Groves Elementary. He will be a Sophomore this year in Wylie ISD (wow...how time flies). He came up to me and asked if I remembered him. Of course!!!!! He was all "grown up" and I couldn't believe how nice, respectful, and handsome he had become!!! Great kiddo!!! Seeing him reminded me of the impact I have on children and how important my profession is!!!!! I was so happy he recognized me after all these years!!!!

4 comments:

Taren said...

Amy this is so sad...I can't believe the little guy got sick on the circus day! Poor thing, you can tell he is sick in these pictures. He will have many more years to go so that is good! I'm with you on the teaching...such a wonderful profession with great rewards!!!

Megan said...

So, so, so sad! I am so sorry!! My heart breaks for all of ya'll! I am so glad he is feeling better!

You look BEAUTIFUL in that picture of you and B!!!

And yes, you make a HUGE difference in the lives of so many!!!!

Amanda said...

Poor thing!!! Glad he is feeling better though.

I'm with Megan, you look gorgeous!!!

How fun seeing an old student. The impact is greater than we will ever know I am sure!

Jennifer said...

Bless his little heart! That is the saddest! Maybe next year, huh?