Saturday, August 28, 2010

Little Things That Mean So Much

This is starting to become a tradition...Saturday morning runs ("my time"), breakfast with my two favorite guys, feeding the ducks, and playing at the park! So far so good, especially with the weather temperatures like today! Incredible!!!!!


Barrett and I have also started another sweet little tradition. At night before he goes to sleep, he runs into our bedroom, crawls up on my bed, and says, "Need read me book...need read me book". You don't know how much I love this!
So we snuggle, read a few books, and then I take him to his room to fall asleep. I'm just waiting for him to fall asleep in my bed while I'm reading. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.


Couple of cute stories I want to remember:
***I picked Barrett up from his school this week and told him we needed to run to the grocery store. Automatically, he knows that means he will get a "sample" cookie from the bakery!
Barrett: "Mmmmmm, I get a cookie."
Me: "Sure you do. What kind do you want? Do you want chocolate chip or a sugar cookie".
Barrett: "No, I want a brown cookie"

***I just love listening to Barrett repeat some of the words we say.
Barrett: "Daddy, where we going?"
Matt: "I don't know Barrett. Wherever your mom wants to go."
Barrett: "Mommy, where we going?"
Me: "To a restaurant to eat".
Barrett: "We go rester-romp?"
Me: "Yes Barrett. We're going to a rester-romp"

***Barrett has a big mat that looks like a city. It has lots of roads / streets on it and he loves it. All you have to do is give him a few Hot Wheels (and he has plenty)...and he will play for hours!
Around the streets are buildings, such as a hospital, an airport, police station, school, etc. Barrett and I (because I like to play) drive the cars to particular destinations, chase cars with one another, and sometimes even CRASH our cars into one another! (Yes, I know it's reckless, but it's a "boy thang").
Anyway, I had his airplane and he kept bossing me around one day. He kept telling me, "Mommy, you gotta put that airpane in the airpane port".
Notice, he didn't say airport...but air pane port! It's a 3 syllable word for him!

1 comment:

Megan said...

All boy, and I love it!!! Too cute!