Saturday, November 20, 2010

Barrett Update and Arboretum in the Fall

As I'm sitting here trying to catch up on my blog posts...Barrett is singing his alphabet (frequent song that I'm use to hearing). But on top of that...he's doing sign language with each letter (or trying to...). It's amazing! He also can name the sound of each letter and tell you an object that begins with that letter. I'm impressed! Yes...I bragging, but proud of how much he is learning (and remembering).
More updates...
  • He is 39" tall (can you imagine that?)
  • Potty trained
  • Getting better and better at taking off his clothes. Putting them on is hilarious to watch...but he tries.
  • Still into cars, trucks, trailers, tractors, animal figures, puzzles, books, and running (everywhere he goes).
  • Brushing teeth has improved with the help of a fancy red race car toothbrush!
  • Has memorized his favorite bedtime stories.
  • Worries about the big, bad wolf.
  • Knows about Santa Claus, what he brings, and how he sounds...but hasn't quiet met him yet! (Last year was a disaster).
  • Sleeps in a big boy bed, but yells out in the morning for Matt and I to, "Waaaakkke up!!!!" (This I really don't like)
  • He's drinks from a regular cup almost all of the time.
  • Loves Team Umizoomi
  • Frequently says, "I can't believe it" / "You so proud?" / "I love you"/ "All aboard"
  • Says some funny, funny, things that crack me up! I can't even list them all.




My sister recently paid us a visit. We took the kids out to the Arboretum and took some cute pictures. I love my sister! We have so much fun together. I truly wish that we lived closer to one another so that we could spend more time together.
Holidays are coming up soon, so that means I'll be seeing a lot her! I'm excited about that.

4 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

I like the "I'm amazing." sentence you through in there =)

Dewawn Wiest said...

OMG! I can't believe how grown up your sister's daughters are. They're absolutely beautiful!

Fun post! These kids are growing up WAY too fast!

Jamie said...

He's getting so big!!!

Waaaaaaake up! Haha! Cracks me up. Langston will be doing that soon enough so I shouldn't be laughing. :)

Megan said...

Ya'll got some GREAT pictures!!! If you get this before you go to T-Town, give the girls a squeeze for us! And B too! :-)