Monday, November 8, 2010

Conversations

As the days fly by, I notice little things that make me giggle about Barrett. I don't want to forget them. Here are a few...

Both boys in my house have been sick lately, so soup is a frequent meal. I made Barrett some chicken-noodle Os soup one night. At first, he didn't want anything to do with it. So, being a mom, I tried to gain his interest by showing him the can the soup came in (Lighting McQueen) and then showed him all the Os in the soup. He looked right back at me and said, "I see Os Mom, but where did all the A's go?"

Last week, we were walking out to the mailbox and noticed all the leaves on the ground. Barrett said, "Yook Mom, all the leaves fall off the tree. We need to get them and put them back on."

One night, Matt and I were trying to finish our dinner and Barrett continued to whine about leaving the table. We kept telling him that he needed to finish his meal. Well, he didn't stop whining. Matt and I began to have our own little side conversation about how to handle the situation (or at least we thought we were having our own conversation).
I told Matt, "He's about to get his hiney spanked".
Barrett grabbed his spoon and said, "I don't want my hiney spanked".
Well, as bad as I felt, at least he got the point.

Barrett plays with his little cars and trucks, and talks to them too. I'll have to catch him on film soon. He sometimes pretends that there is a mommy car, daddy truck, and "Barrett / little boy" car.
This morning, we heard him using a stern voice towards one of the cars. Sure enough...it was the mommy car!!!! He was actually putting her in time out! Can you believe that????
I asked him, "Barrett what are you saying to those cars".
He said, "Mommy car go to time out!!!"
I didn't even ask why. I was afraid to.

Favorite new bed time ritual. We love to read and sing. Most of the time it's a Mama Llama book, but occasionally, we switch it up. I question the Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretal more and more. Why again are these such "children's favorites". Hmmmm The more I read them, the more they creep me out.

Favorite words/phrases:
"Mommy, this lemonade juice is deeee-licious"
"Mommy, what you doing?"
"This is yummy to my tummy"
"I can't believe it"
"Mommy, is that the cookie man over there? We need to go get him."
"Daddy, you not feel good?"
"I'm sorry Mommy"
I can't even write how he says pistachios...but he does TRY to pronounce it.
I absolutely love our conversations.

2 comments:

Megan said...

LOL!!! This makes me laugh!! I love that you wrote these down!! Keep them coming!!

Last night, Hayden kept doing something over and over and Mom said, "Do you want met to spank you?" Guess what...Hayden shook his head YES!! LOL! We both had to hide our faces!

PS...Can we set a date? I miss you friend!

Jamie said...

I love this post! I will have to remember to do a similar one when Langston starts talking more.

So sweet!