Sunday, July 10, 2011

Barrett






My sweet darling draining my ONLY water bottle that I had brought with me to the track. I was needing that!!!! I guess he wanted it too, for puddles to splash in?!?!

Little soccer/kick ball practice



Sandbox at the track. Who knew a long jump pit could be so much fun? It kept Barrett occupied while I ran around the track! Brilliant idea!!!


His charming smile. He's learned to tell me I'm pretty when he knows he's in trouble. Imagine that??? I see it as a form of distraction! Who's "pretty" when they've been running and sweating in 100 degree temperature and their child wasted all the water??????



Barrett has been a fish all summer. I worked them on kicking his feet, taking a big breath, and using his arms to swim. He has been an excellent little student for me on the days we're at the pool (and I'm surprised because normally with ME...he has selective hearing!
He can swim, but I'm not completely comfortable with him going without floaties. He's almost oblivious to the fact that deep water can be dangerous! He will take off by inhaling, filling his cheeks with air, and launch himself into the water with a beautiful kick. My fear is that he won't surface to take a breath of air! Seriously. He swims under the water and doesn't understand that you have to lift your face, take a breath, and then put it back in the water........all the while....continuing to kick and move your arms! haha Really, it's a lot to have to put together. I'm hoping by the end of summer or even next year, he will be the hang of it. I'm in no big hurry. He's catch on when he's ready.

One thing he really good at eye-balling lately (mainly because we have made a habit of shopping a lot this summer) is:

Hobby Lobby (knows the store when he sees it), Target (can't miss that red target sign or the big cement spheres in front of the entrance doors), Whataburger (that big, orange W), Sonic, Home Depo and Old Mac Donald (McDonald's). Barrett said he wanted chicken strips from Old Mac Donalds. He seriously thinks that is the name of it. Poor child. Isn't it Ole instead of Old anyway? See, he's really confused. hahaha

No comments: