Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where's Amy?????

Hello everyone in BLOG-land!!!!

I don't know how many of you have been to my blog page, but I'm sure you've noticed there hasn't been any posts in quiet sometime! Never fear....I'll get into my swing of things soon and start posting pictures and videos. Lately, I've been posting on Facebook, and I know the other part of the world that doesn't blog, is probably getting sick of watching my LIFE before them!


My main excuse for not posting on this blog is because we've moved! I'm thrilled!!! I now have an 8 minute commute to work and Matt only has a 13 minute commute (verses 45 minutes one way and an hour + for Matt). We couldn't be happier.

I've been spending a lot of time organizing, decorating, and hanging out with family and friends. My sister has been one of the biggest pleasures this summer. She made a promise to come see me (more often than usual) this summer, and that girl has held her promise. She stayed over a week with me in June, and we've seen each other almost every other weekend throughout the summer!!!!!


My house is coming along great!!! With Brandi's help, we managed to get a lot done within the first few weeks of moving in. Matt (on the other hand) was ready for her to leave because she and I together....SHOPPING...caused a lot of spending!

I'll post some picture later of the house if you want. The office and upstairs living space is still a work in progress. Of course I'll think one room is finished, but then I'll think of something to add to it or change. It's fun though!!!!


Barrett is THREE and getting so independent! At his latest doctor's appointment, he weighed in at 38lbs and of course was in the 98% percentile for growth! Imagine that??? I'm just glad he is healthy and happy!!


We practically LIVE at our neighborhood swimming pool. Barrett calls it the "water park". I don't blame him. It's HUGE! Two big water slides, a kiddie play area, 4 pools. It's nice. Definitely a selling point for us!!!!!


I pulled out my creative idea to make a large word search for our office. At first, I was going to paint it directly to the wall. Then, decided to put it on a piece of plywood instead. I thought maybe painting on the wood/floor (flat surface), would be easier.

I hope it turns out okay. It's been a tedious task. Especially for a perfectionist (myself). I had to paint many background coats, then stencil with pencil, now I'm painting each letter individually with a tiny tiny brush. Ughhh More work than I expected.

My original idea was to just spray paint the letters, one by one. That was messy and caused smearing.
Let's just hope I: #1, finish it..... and #2, use it. I'd hate to spend all this time painting it and not using it in the end.


above: the word search I'm working on...

below: one of my FAVORITE things!!! I love this clock!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can't wait to see the word search. I love that idea!! PLEASE send me a picture when it is done!!

And, I love that clock too!!! LOVE it!

Dewawn Wiest said...

I like the word search idea. I've been thinking of doing a chalk board somewhere in our house...just not sure where. Can't wait to see more pictures of the house!