Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Cowtown Run

What a blast! This morning was incredible. I had a great run! I'm so glad I did it. I ran 6.2 miles in 53 minutes and 48 seconds. I think that is pretty good for a top-heavy, 32 yr. old woman!!!!
Hopefully, I'll look back on this time and laugh, because now that I have an idea of how 10Ks work, I plan on entering more (and get serious with training)!
The trail that we ran on was beautiful (except for the hills), but I got a boost of energy every time I saw a mile marker (little old man/lady holding a huge sign with the number of mile that we were on). 6 miles seemed to be over in no time!
Matt and Barrett were there to cheer me on today, and I was happy to see their faces as I crossed the finish line.
Successes for the day:
I finished in my goal time (under 60 minutes)
I didn't get trampled.
I ran the entire way.
My Nike Dry-Fit pants stayed "up" and didn't fall (during training, my old ones kept sliding down and I would have to yank them up as I was running).
I met a couple of people.
I realized how great my husband is for being a fantastic cheerleader.
I got a free t-shirt
I got a free "goody-bag"
I have a new back pack (light weight and trendy)
I found a new hobby.

Next goal time.....................50 minutes flat!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

WOW! You are my idol sister! Congratulations! OH, and I love Barrett on the ball!

Walking Angie said...

I'm so happy that you met your goals for the run!

Megan said...

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing!

Jamie said...

That is so awesome! Way to go girl! I'm envious!