Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two Days Away

I'm two days away from running in my first 10K. I hope it isn't my last. The scary part about doing this is that, I signed up without knowing what I was getting into. I still don't know, but I'm anxious to see what's in store. I don't have a trainer, and I haven't even taken the time to scan the Internet for running tips. I do however read Runners magazine and Women's Running to keep me somewhat in the loop. Let's hope that is enough.
In case you wonder why I'm blogging about this, it's because running a 10K is something totally new to me. I've never done it and I guess the curiosity of it all, has gotten the best of me.
I've kind of taken on this new adventure for a number of reasons. I must admit, it has been an exciting journey. I'm back to running distances that I ran pre-baby! That's just one milestone out of the many that I'm super proud of. Maybe Barrett will grow up to become an athlete, and I can stay in shape long enough to train with him. Who knows, maybe all of his friends will refer to me as Momma Long Legs!!!!
I have the cutest picture of Barrett doing some exercises with me tonight. He went and found another ball to do his own exercises (like momma). He's starting to mimic everything that Matt and I do. It's the sweetest thing!
Here is the latest caption from the Cowtown Marathon! Oh my...I hope I don't get trampled!
Record number of Runners!We are expecting a record number of runners currently over 20,000. So, greatly encourage all runners to arrive early. For detailed directions to Sundance Square, please click HERE.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love that picture of you and Barrett!! TOOOO CUTE!!

I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see how it goes! Good luck friend! Love you!

Amanda said...

Good luck!!!! I am so proud of you! LOVE the picture too. Priceless! :)