Sunday, February 7, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I saw a post called, Simple Pleasures, that my friend Taren had posted. Immediately, a list began to form in my head, and all throughout the day and week, I haven't been able to quit thinking of little things that we all sometimes take for granted. I even had my fourth graders at school compose a list of their own simple pleasures and they loved doing it.
Enjoy the list I've started and thanks Taren for making me realize all the wonderful blessings in my life.

Here goes:
-a good book
-a fresh, new, haircut
-a firm pillow and high thread-count sheets
-husbands that cook dinner
-no laundry!!!
-a glass of wine
-flip flops
-breaking a record or goal that you've set for yourself
-a new bra (that is comfortable)
-cookie dough
-sunbathing
-seeing someone get baptized
-the feel of your baby asleep on your chest
-having a sister
-girlfriends
-a bouquet of fresh flowers
-a massage
-a slice of wedding cake
-a pedicure
-holding a newborn baby and watching them sleep
-laughing
-hot chocolate on a cold day
-children
-being in love with someone
-photographs
-a listening ear
-knowing God is on our side

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love this! Love the pictures too! I think I might have to copy you and do something similar! Hope you don't care!

Jamie said...

So sweet!