Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day 'Round 2'

I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sound...an automated voice on the other end of the phone line, telling me that school was cancelled! Yipeeeee
I didn't even care about sleeping in. Knowing that I was going to get to stay at home with Barrett and remain in my pjs for the majority of the day, was all I could think about!

13 inches of the most amazing, beautiful, white snow. Part of me didn't want to mess it up, but Barrett and I couldn't resist. We headed outdoors. Barrett in his super-duper special rain galoshes and me in Matt's hunting boots. (I was a little disappointed that he hadn't cleaned them up and they had dried, brown mud all over them).


By the end of our adventure, we had made 2 snowmen, filled our bellies with snow ice, and found the HotWheel Barrett had lost beneath the blanket of snow.
What a fantastic day. It's one that I will never forget.

Thinking about tasting it.........

Tasting it...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Ahhhhhhhhh coooooooooooooooold............

Saving some for later (I guess)...........

Finished product (I did all the work). Coach Barrett cheered me on!

3 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

I never realized how much work snowmen were! And, I HATED messing up the yard too! But, we had too!

Kaci said...

WOW..look at your snowmen!!! Awesome!
Hey, thanks for the sweet words you left on my blog. All of my tests were clear of tumors and clamped arteries!!!! They increased my BP meds to a higher dosage to see how that helps. I love you girl and miss you very much!

Amanda said...

Barrett looks so sweet all bundled up! I'm sure he was a good little supervisor...those snowmen are great!

Funny about you being sore today too! I went shopping yesterday and my legs actually started aching! Guess I have been sitting around too much lately feeding Em bottles. Ha!