Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dinosaur Mask

One of two masks we've gotten for Halloween.
I'll bet when I said dinosaur mask, you weren't thinking THIS! Unfortunately, (after a rough and unhealthy week), doctors diagnosed Barrett as having a severe upper respiratory infection.
This infection hit out of now where. You would think that he had been coughing a lot, right? Honestly, he hasn't. He seemed to have very peaceful nights and when he did cough, I thought it was from the drainage of sinuses and allergies.
I will admit that we've had an extremely rough week. Sunday, Barrett started out with tummy isses, but ran no fever and was his normal, energetic self. Monday, I sent him to school. When I went to pick him up that afternoon, teachers told me that he had been complaining of a tummy ache. Shortly after fastening the seatbelt and turning out of the school's driveway, Barrett got sick in my car. This continued throughout the night and into Tuesday morning.
Long story short...I thought the child was experiencing some type of stomach or intestinal problem (because this went on all week). He never ran fever or anything, so we kept him on the BRAT diet, gave him Imodium, and stayed away from too many milk products.
Things weren't getting better.
Finally, we loaded him up to take him to the doctor for a more thorough examination. After the Dr. heard his lungs he realized it was chest related (I was totally thrown for a loop). We even had to take chest x-rays to make sure it wasn't the beginning stages of pneumonia.
We're slowing getting better. Lots of breathing treatments and rest!!!!
I'm praying this week is better than last!

1 comment:

The Hazelwood Family said...

AWE...I'm so sorry! Why didn't you tell me?! I could have brought over some chicken noodle soup?!