Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend Get-away

Since it was a "long weekend", Matt and I decided to take a trip to my parent's in Throckmorton. When we first planned the weekend get-away, Matt thought he might be able to go dove hunting with my brother-in-law, Corey, but "opening day" fell on a Monday, and we were already in route back to Wylie.
The ride there was painless. I must admit that traveling with another person (Matt) makes things so much easier. I never really thought about it before, but when you have a baby in the car and it's just YOU...stopping for something as simple as a Coke or restroom break... is a major pain. You begin to think that you can survive withOUT liquids to avoid any stops later on down the road.
At least this time, I didn't have to haul Barrett in and out of nasty old bathrooms!!! Trust me...I've learned to appreciate clean changing tables, "family size" restrooms and that "extra pair of hands" helping me out!!!

My parents seriously have withdrawls from Barrett. My daddy just can't get enough of him. He thinks he is the only one that can really get Barrett to laugh.
Mom spoils him rotten. She even volunteered to take care of Barrett all through the night and into the morning (that means early morning feedings and all). On top of that, Matt and I had a night on the town and were able to sleep in until 9:00 am. Wow...I felt like a NEW person!!!

Barrett soaked up all the attention over the weekend. Once we got home, he was a tired little man and confused on what had happened to all the entertainment.


2 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

Looks like he's startin' to get some meat on his bones! Yay! :o) We need to hang out soon!!!

Jennifer said...

Amy, you look just like your mom!

Sounds like a fun weekend!